I am trying to install some nodes using an image captured from a pre-existing
system and during the install systemconfigurator keeps creating an initrd
file called sc-initrd-2.6.9-55.ELsmp.gz and this does not work out because
the correct modules do not get included in this initrd and the resulting
system does not boot.

I have an initrd file that does work but everytime I edit the grub.conf
or menu.lst files in the image, it seems like systemconfigurator overwrites
the grub.conf file to reference this bogus sc-initrd-2.6.9-55.ELsmp.gz file
instead.

How do I get one of two things to happen:

1. how to get systemconfigurator to STOP rewriting my grub.conf file

or

2. how to get systemconfigurator to create a CORRECT initrd file containing
the appropriate modules needed for this platform?

I am in the process of creating a hardware.lst file but the documentation
that talks about that file does not mention how to get systemconfigurator
to include modules for things like lvm.

Any assistance, information, pointers to docs or other suggestions are most
welcome.
--
Steven DuChene