Thomas Krause wrote:
> I still think that having to specify the methods for every command in the
> cluster.txt is too verbose and unnecessary in the general case.
>
> My idea of specifying multiple methods was not trying multiple methods on
> the same client, but trying the first method that exist for a given command.
> So if you specify "wol,ssh" there is no way to power off a client via wol,
> so the next method (ssh) will be used instead.

Ok, now I understand, the logic is to execute only the first method
(from the list of specified methods) that has an implemented command.
This seems more reasonable.

> I don't think that this will lead to errors, since in general specifying
> multiple methods would only be used to specify mutual exclusive options.
>
> Also with power commands I think the worst case that can happen is that the
> client does not respond to the given command. So having reasonable defaults
> would be a good thing especially for people new to SI.

OK.

> However I can also see the value in specifying the method used for every
> command separately.
>
> So, what about keeping the defaultMethod, but using your verbose format for
> the "power-control"-node. This way you only need to specify commands in
> cluster.txt that differ from the default. If you are still afraid of
> unexpected behavior, we could even ship the default powerconfig-file without
> any defaults specified.
>
> Anyway these are minor details and I could live fine with all these options,
> even if it means a little more typing ;-)
>
> What do you think?

I think this is the best way to go. I'll start to put together some of
my si_power hack scripts to see if we can get something usable,
according to these new suggestions.

-Andrea