Hi Mark:

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 6:38 AM, Mark Hewitt <mhew...@cs.york.ac.uk> wrote:

> Basically when I create a .iso from an image and attempt to run it on a
> machine I get the error "Kernel panic - not syncing: Oops" and then the
> boot stops.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going wrong here, we really
> need to get this working!

What version of SystemImager are you using?

Instead of making a bootable ISO, have you tried netbooting the client
instead?  Even if your client does not support PXE, you could use
something like etherboot.

> [r...@cortex1 cortex1-image]# si_mkautoinstallcd --out-file cortex1-1.iso
> Here is a list of available flavors:
>
>   cortex1-image
>   standard
>
> Which flavor would you like to use? [standard]: cortex1-image

Have you tried building an ISO with the standard flavour?

> Creating temporary working directory...
> umount: /tmp/systemimager.autoinstallcd.temp.dir/mnt: not found

This seems kind of bad...

> Pid: 635, comm: default.hotplug Not tainted 2.6.9-55.ELsmp

What OS is your golden client running?  This looks like a EL4 kernel,
presumably taken from your client.

Cheers,

Bernard