On Aug 16, 2010, at 7:24 PM, Chris Pepper <pep...@reppep.com> wrote:

> Tristam MacDonald wrote:
>> On Aug 16, 2010, at 5:07 PM, Chris Pepper <pep...@reppep.com
>> <mailto:pep...@reppep.com>> wrote:
>>
>>> With SALI our nodes connect to the imageserver and fetch scripts, but
>>> they do not actually install. It's a bit confusing -- the VGA console
>>> shows the correct hostname (c15), runs 99all.harmless_example_script,
>>> then says "No script defined, opening console", "write_variables", and
>>> "Starting console...".
>>
>> You need to pass the SCRIPTNAME=whatever option to the kernel. See my
>> thread about tmpfs a few weeks ago - about halfway through is a detailed
>> description.
>
> Tristam,
>
>       I'm pretty sure our older installation of 4.0.2 detected this
> automatically from cluster.xml, but I will try tomorrow.

Systemimager does this fine, but it is listed as a current limitation
of SALI on the webpage (https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/sali).

>       Any ideas why parted is choking when I run the script manually?

Despite it being stated several places that SALI supports default
system imager scripts, I didn't find that to be the case on our Dell
cluster. I ended up writing a custom script using the newer
'partition' command, since I decided to support ext4 and grub2 as
well.

--
Tristam MacDonald
http://swiftcoder.wordpress.com