Development is going on, but I don't know how close we are to a
packaged release. Check the archives of this list.

        The released versions of SI do not work well on current hardware --
they don't include current drivers, so don't work on our current nodes,
for instance.

        SALI <https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/sali> is a current boot image, but
it's not 100% compatible. I got part way through shimming it to work,
and my notes are now in the SALI wiki, but SI should have a usable image
built-in, and the compatibility problems need to be sorted.

Chris