QVC Cancelled My Appearance!!

                                by Social People, janefonda.com
July 16th 2011

I was to have been on QVC today to introduce my book, “Prime Time,” about aging
and the life cycle. The network said they got a lot of calls yesterday
criticizing me for my opposition to the Vietnam War and threatening to boycott
the show if I was allowed to appear. I am, to say the least, deeply
disappointed that QVC caved to this kind of insane pressure by some well funded
and organized political extremist groups. And that they did it without talking
to me first. I have never shied away from talking about this as I have nothing
to hide. I could have pointed out that threats of boycotts are nothing new for
me and have never prevented me from having best selling books and exercise
DVDs, films, and a Broadway play. Most people don’t buy into the far right
lies. Many people have reached out to express how excited they were about my
going onto QVC and hearing about my book.

Bottom line, this has gone on far too long, this spreading of lies about me!
None of it is true. NONE OF IT! I love my country. I have never done anything
to hurt my country or the men and women who have fought and continue to fight
for us. I do not understand what the far right stands to gain by continuing
with these myths. In this case, they denied a lot of people the chance to hear
about a book that can help make life better, easier and more fulfilling. I am
deeply grateful for all of the support I have been getting since this happened,
including from my Vietnam Veterans friends.

Category: My Blog

Original Page: http://janefonda.com/qvc-cancelled-my-appearance/

Shared from Read It Later