Liviu Nicoara <lnico...@thinkoid.org> writes:

It's actually pretty cool. It is a oneshot service that runs all sysctl settings in /etc/sysctl.d. System is
artix.

Ah okay. i'm on Gentoo, using OpenRC (but still hoping to move to using s6 eventually, as i used to do on Void, once i find enough tuits ...), and there's a 'sysctl' service run by in the 'boot' runlevel.

Quite the opposite, I want coredumps, esp. those originating in crashing services (e.g., the display
manager I am tinkering with, launched via a service).

Oh, yes, sorry, i misread your earlier post.

Well, as far as i can tell, on my system the default ulimit is specified via /etc/login.defs; i presume the fact that the line

   #ULIMIT         2097152

is commented out is what results in my system's default ulimit being 'unlimited'.

Alexis.