What kind of stuff are you putting in the config file? Is it just a
template for a logging script?
Basically every setting one can change about s6-log, since the *-log service scripts will most likely come from the package manager, they should not be edited by the sysadmin.

 Source your config file in every logger run script you have, and
leave the global environment alone. There will be no performance issue.
Since that's the case I will use a config file. Performance was my main concern to be honest.

 For more configurability, you could e.g. have a default logging template
hardcoded in your run scripts, that you could override via a service-
specific configuration file.
You mean having a config file for every service, which hosts both the service config and the logger config? That seems like a sensible solution.

Thank you.

Paul