On 2009-03-22 at 22:40 -0400, Yaron Minsky wrote:
> 2009/3/22 Phil Pennock <sks-devel-p...@spodhuis.org>
> > The gotcha here is async DNS support in O'Caml.
>
> I'm sure I'm missing something here, but why is asynchronous DNS a
> requirement?  Why not do the DNS queries using threads?

You're not missing anything, I was.  I was sticking to the
event-handling stuff already done in SKS and I know nothing about how
cleanly O'Caml lets you use threads and combine the two models.  If it's
easy and clean, then my oversight was ... glaring.

None of the current membership has any kind of locking against
concurrent updates -- how much is needed, with O'Caml, and how much
locking done automatically?

-Phil