On 10/14/10 10:13 AM, R P Herrold wrote:
> Indeed, and there is clearly a Cost / Benefit analysis to perform here;
> it makes sense to me that a blackhat with infinite resources would
> engineer a entire solution set.

It makes sense to me that a spammer would find a broke undergrad in
CompSci and say, "hey, I'll pay you $100 to grab me a copy of every
email address that's on the global keyserver network."

"Infinite" resources is putting things a little strongly.  "Routine and
unexceptional business expense" is more accurate.

> The world is not a perfect place, but filled with shades of gray.  But
> my question is:
>     Why facilitate casual exploitation?

This presupposes the system *is not already* being harvested.  As
several people have told you, there is reason to suspect that it is.
Given this, I can't engage your question since it seems built on
assumptions that are not true.