Hi, all,

just in case anyone is interested, these are the first measures that I
have implemented (or plan to implement) on ICIJ key server:

* Stop accepting SKS updates from peers (by removing all peers from our
"membership" file). - DONE

* Stop accepting SKS updates from external sources (by configuring our
HTTP gateway with a URL blacklist, so that POSTs for new keys are not
accepted except from our internal networks) - ONGOING

* Tell users to upload any needed PGP key manually to our own keyserver
- DONE

* Tell users and partners to use ICIJ keyserver (and not others) for
communicating with us using PGP. - DONE

* Stop serving poisoned certificates to any client (by configuring our
HTTP gateway with another URL blacklist, so that GETs for poisoned keys
are not allowed). I'm planning to use some of the existing DB statistics
scripts to extract the list of keys which have more than N signatures
(which N would be reasonable? 10? 30? 300?) - ONGOING

Effectively, this has turned our server into a PGP island which does not
receive updates, but it servers our porpose, since we regularly update
it manually. YMMV.

Any comments are welcome.

J.

*Jorge Gonzalez Villalonga*
Systems Engineer
*The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists*
<https://www.icij.org>
910 17th Street NW, Suite 410 | Washington DC 20006 | United States
Phone: +34 672 173 200 (Madrid, Spain)