Hi Everyone,

First, my apologies to the mods for this intentional off topic post.  I 
only wanted to offer this info for those who might find it useful. 
Please, no onlist replies are necessary.
I've just finished setting up, and using this new program/website called 
Drop Box.  I'll put the link at the end of this email.  Here is what 
makes
this utility so wonderful.  First of all, it's free.  Second, you don't 
need to worry about zipping and unzipping files that you want to send to 
someone.


How it works.

First you have to download and install their 14MB utility so you can use 
the site.  This is really simple.  Then, you go to the website and set 
up a free
account.  This is the typical user name and password.  Then you can set 
up a public or private folder between you and someone else.  Just give 
the folder
of that person a name, like my folder could be called Jack.  Then you'd 
use my email address to sync your computer with mine.  After this is 
done, just
put files you want me to receive in my folder.  There's nothing to zip 
up or unzip.  As soon as you put the file into my folder, the transfer 
begins whether
I'm online or not.  Then when I boot up my computer, the program looks 
to see if I have any files waiting to be sent to me.  If there are files 
waiting,
it automatically starts sending them to me.  I don't have to do a thing 
to start the transfer.  It will show you the progress of the transfer in 
the system
tray.  And from what I can tell, the files transfer rather quickly, and 
it will tell you when it's done.  Each file that you want to share can 
be a maximum
of 2GB.  But keep this in mind.  When you send someone a file, if you 
delete it from your folder, you also delete it from their folder, and 
vice versa.
I'm completely sold on this site.  Here's the link to the site should 
you wish to set up an account.  It really makes sharing files easy 
because you only
have to copy and paste it into the folder, the website takes it from 
there.

Jack

http://www.getdropbox.com 
Thanks for posting to the skype english list. To  access scripts for the latest 
version of skype go to
http://www.dlee.org/skype
To access tutorials and other goodies go to
http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html


To contact the list owner send a message to
mailto:[email protected]

to download a tool that will help install skypewatch for jaws users, go to this 
link.
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/hkatic/swsetup.html

and for a searchable archives page go here.
http://bit.ly/64Y48

thanks and have a wonderful day.


_______________________________________________
Skypeenglish mailing list
[email protected]
http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com

Reply via email to