Hi dug!
I have just one problem which is making me quite annoyed, it's when I'm
trying to do the control 8 to go to history, it's not saying anything, I
think it might be a bug report there, smile.
thanks also for telling us about the website update, but one question
though, can we still use control+shift+w to go to the site and download the
scripts which you're releasing and so on?
Regards,
Jörgen Hansson!
Tel +46 703-601296
www.jorgenhansson.com
skype: djtropical4532
----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Lee" <[email protected]>
To: "screen access software with skype" <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 3:22 AM
Subject: [Skypeenglish] Skype script and web site update
First, as of last night, the visi.com web site formerly used for my
Skype scripts (and other things) has gone obsolete and is expected to
vanish entirely. This was always a possibility, and I announced
recently on this list that people should update their favorites to
avoid referencing visi.com. The move was suddenly made necessary last
night though by the complete shutdown of the site, apparently due to a
glitch at the ISP supporting it. I have moved the site elsewhere, and
it should work as always for everyone if you use the dlee.org address
as I already recommended. If you continue to use the visi.com
address, you may see old content, unrelated content, no content, or
errors.
So to clarify: http://www.dlee.org/skype/ is still fine, but any
favorites going to visi.com instead are not.
Second, I have posted a Known Issues section in the release notes for
Skype script version 4.2c. The directions for speeding up the contact
list are included along with a number of other things.
Last but unfortunately not least, I am seeing evidence that there is a
condition that can cause JAWS to lock up when you use the current
scripts, as well as 4.2b and possibly 4.2a. The scenario runs like
this: You are in a chat window, and you want more history shown, so
you go to the chat message list, arrow up or hit Home to get to the
top, Tab to a link like "7 Days," and press Space to get more days of
chat history into the window. If this bug manifests itself, your JAWS
will now freeze, no longer responding to commands etc. I have so far
not heard of this happening to anyone at all, except that it happens
to me occasionally. I guess it's good for a bug to effect the code
author most. :-) Anyway, if you experience this, you will have to
shut down JAWS and restart it, then avoid that window for a while. I
have been unable to reproduce this issue on demand, which makes it
very hard to fix.
--
Doug Lee [email protected] http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group [email protected]
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"I before E, except after C, or when sounded like A, as in neighbor
and weigh, except for when weird foreign concierges seize neither
leisure nor science from the height of society."
Thanks for posting to the skype english list. To access scripts for the
latest version of skype go to
http://www.dlee.org/skype
To access tutorials and other goodies go to
http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html
To contact the list owner send a message to
mailto:[email protected]
to download a tool to automate the installation of skypewatch go to this
link.
http://www.hrvojekatic.tk/
and for a searchable archives page go here.
http://bit.ly/64Y48
thanks and have a wonderful day.
_______________________________________________
Skypeenglish mailing list
[email protected]
http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com
Thanks for posting to the skype english list. To access scripts for the latest
version of skype go to
http://www.dlee.org/skype
To access tutorials and other goodies go to
http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html
To contact the list owner send a message to
mailto:[email protected]
to download a tool to automate the installation of skypewatch go to this link.
http://www.hrvojekatic.tk/
and for a searchable archives page go here.
http://bit.ly/64Y48
thanks and have a wonderful day.
_______________________________________________
Skypeenglish mailing list
[email protected]
http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com