Some people have reported that typing Ctrl+8 in Skype with the JAWS
scripts for Skype running does not enable the virtual cursor as it
should.  In Skype 5.3 with the scripts running, Ctrl+8 should focus
the Skype Home area of the screen, which is a web page-like HTML area.

The symptom of this problem is that JAWS will announce something, like
a link, but arrows won't move through the rest of the area.

The workaround is simply to type Ctrl+8 a second time.  Arrows should
then start working, according to my tests.

My tests indicate that this problem started in a JAWS 12 update at
some point.  I don't know of it ever applying to JAWS 11 or older.  I
do know that it applies in programs other than Skype, as I encountered
this issue while scripting for a client of my company (SSB BART
Group).  I suspect it will be properly fixed in a JAWS update, though
I don't have any idea how soon.  The problem does not appear to affect
a lot of people except here in Skype, at least according to what I've
heard.

I hope this information is helpful

-- 
Doug Lee                 [email protected]                http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group           [email protected]   http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
Freedom is not the ability to have what we want.  Freedom is merely the
ability to seek it.  To be free defines what we can do, not what we can get.
(03/28/05)

Thanks for posting to the skype english list.

to contact skype support wiht any questions regarding your account email 
[email protected]

To  access scripts for the latest version of skype go to
http://www.dlee.org/skype

To access tutorials and other goodies go to
http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html

To contact the list owner send a message to
mailto:[email protected]

to download a tool to automate the installation of skypewatch  go to this link.
http://www.hrvojekatic.tk/

and for a searchable archives page go here.
http://bit.ly/64Y48

thanks and have a wonderful day.


_______________________________________________
Skypeenglish mailing list
[email protected]
http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com

Reply via email to