According to what doug said only objections should be posted on this thread. 
I'm seeing more then that. No voting aloud on this thread, no i's or no's. Only 
objections. I'll make my decision later today or tomorrow depending on  what I 
deem is appropriate. This is new for all of us and since I'm more of a techi 
person on this list gw skype was and still is a stand alone program so hence 
for me it was off topic on this list even though it used the skype api. but 
like I said I'll decide later . I'm leaning  more towards a let's try but we'd 
better watch the traffic on this list. I don't want it turning in to a 
pointless clutter of messages  every time an update comes out. I'm on a list 
with thousands of members and if this starts to happen I will set it up  so 
replies go only to the poster and not the list. You have been warned.

So I say let's try it for a week and see. If I don't hear any complaints then 
I'll decide on monday jan 2 of 2012 weather it should be valid and update the 
list guidelines.

Take care all

Sarah Alawami

If you  need an edit  done on a small project go to 
http://music.marrie.org/master for more info. 
If you need to contact me my info is below.
MSN and AIM: [email protected]
website: http://music.marrie.org
Podcast: http://tffp.marrie.org/podcast
youtube: http://youtube.com/marrie125

On Dec 28, 2011, at 9:18 AM, Doug Lee wrote:

> I was actually talking on Skype with Sarah about this while writing my 
> message...
> 
> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 10:42:26AM -0500, Roy Nickelson wrote:
> And it does not matter what the list members think  Sarah has already 
> declaired the discussion of GW 
> Skype off topic therefore it must not be discussed on this list
> Roy
> Sent from my iPhone
> 
> On Dec 28, 2011, at 2:50 AM, Doug Lee <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> Several people have already expressed interest in allowing GW Skype to
>> be discussed here, so I urge people to avoid writing further support
>> messages for allowing this. In terms of voting, the "All in favor, say
>> Aye," call went out already, and was answered. I have put forth the
>> "All opposed, say No," call now, so I'm only listening for people who
>> don't want GW Skype discussed here. :)
>> 
>> Sorry, I forgot to say that clearly in my initial post.
>> 
>> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 09:45:07AM +0200, Marius Swart wrote:
>> I agree with Doug.  This is an e-mail list for blind users of Skype,
>> and since GWSkype will be used primarily by the blind (not only
>> Window-Eyes users), I feel it should be considered on topic for this
>> list.
>> 
>> --------------------------------------------------
>> From: "Doug Lee" <[email protected]>
>> Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:18 AM
>> To: "screen readers' access with skype." <[email protected]>
>> Subject: [Skypeenglish] GW Skype and this mailing list
>> 
>>> I must hereby cast my vote in favor of allowing GW Skype to be
>>> discussed on this list, even if for a trial period. My reasons include
>>> 
>>> 1. The distinction between Skype API and Skype application is minor to
>>> blind users and will cause confusion.
>>> 
>>> 2. I already assumed that, if I make Clisk capable of running as a
>>> Skype application, it would be on topic here just as Clisk now is.
>>> 
>>> 3. There is no separate list for GW Skype, and the list supporting it
>>> already has much traffic, according to what I hear.
>>> 
>>> 4. Window-Eyes Skype scripts are no longer supported, so GW Skype will
>>> become the Skype solution for Window-Eyes users, much as my scripts
>>> are for JAWS users. This makes GW Skype in effect a parallel of the
>>> JAWS Skype scripts.
>>> 
>>> 5. I have so far seen zero support for the separation of the GW Skype
>>> topic from the list.
>>> 
>>> If anyone objects to this idea of allowing GW Skype scripts to be
>>> discussed here, please speak now. I will consider three objections
>>> significant enough to consider, less not so significant, and 20
>>> objections way too many to put on list. :-)
>>> 
>>> 
>>> -- 
>>> Doug Lee                 [email protected]                http://www.dlee.org
>>> SSB BART Group           [email protected]
>>> http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
>>> "When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you."
>>> --African Proverb
>>> 
>>> Thanks for posting to the skype english list.
>>> 
>>> to contact skype support wiht any questions regarding your account
>>> email [email protected]
>>> 
>>> To  access scripts for the latest version of skype go to
>>> http://www.dlee.org/skype
>>> 
>>> To access tutorials and other goodies go to
>>> http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html
>>> 
>>> To contact the list owner send a message to
>>> mailto:[email protected]
>>> 
>>> and for a searchable archives page go here.
>>> http://bit.ly/64Y48
>>> 
>>> thanks and have a wonderful day.
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Skypeenglish mailing list
>>> [email protected]
>>> http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com
>> 
>> 
>> Thanks for posting to the skype english list.
>> 
>> to contact skype support wiht any questions regarding your account email 
>> [email protected]
>> 
>> To  access scripts for the latest version of skype go to
>> http://www.dlee.org/skype
>> 
>> To access tutorials and other goodies go to
>> http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html
>> 
>> To contact the list owner send a message to
>> mailto:[email protected]
>> 
>> and for a searchable archives page go here.
>> http://bit.ly/64Y48
>> 
>> thanks and have a wonderful day.
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> Skypeenglish mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com
>> 
>> -- 
>> Doug Lee                 [email protected]                http://www.dlee.org
>> SSB BART Group           [email protected]   
>> http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
>> "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
>> character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
>> 
>> Thanks for posting to the skype english list.
>> 
>> to contact skype support wiht any questions regarding your account email 
>> [email protected]
>> 
>> To  access scripts for the latest version of skype go to
>> http://www.dlee.org/skype
>> 
>> To access tutorials and other goodies go to
>> http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html
>> 
>> To contact the list owner send a message to
>> mailto:[email protected]
>> 
>> and for a searchable archives page go here.
>> http://bit.ly/64Y48
>> 
>> thanks and have a wonderful day.
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> Skypeenglish mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com
> 
> Thanks for posting to the skype english list.
> 
> to contact skype support wiht any questions regarding your account email 
> [email protected]
> 
> To  access scripts for the latest version of skype go to
> http://www.dlee.org/skype
> 
> To access tutorials and other goodies go to
> http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html
> 
> To contact the list owner send a message to
> mailto:[email protected]
> 
> and for a searchable archives page go here.
> http://bit.ly/64Y48
> 
> thanks and have a wonderful day.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Skypeenglish mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com
> 
> -- 
> Doug Lee                 [email protected]                http://www.dlee.org
> SSB BART Group           [email protected]   
> http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
> "Our chief want in life is somebody who will make us do what
> we can. {Ralph Waldo Emerson}
> 
> Thanks for posting to the skype english list.
> 
> to contact skype support wiht any questions regarding your account email 
> [email protected]
> 
> To  access scripts for the latest version of skype go to
> http://www.dlee.org/skype
> 
> To access tutorials and other goodies go to
> http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html
> 
> To contact the list owner send a message to
> mailto:[email protected]
> 
> and for a searchable archives page go here.
> http://bit.ly/64Y48
> 
> thanks and have a wonderful day.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Skypeenglish mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com


Thanks for posting to the skype english list.

to contact skype support wiht any questions regarding your account email 
[email protected]

To  access scripts for the latest version of skype go to
http://www.dlee.org/skype

To access tutorials and other goodies go to
http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html

To contact the list owner send a message to
mailto:[email protected]

and for a searchable archives page go here.
http://bit.ly/64Y48

thanks and have a wonderful day.

_______________________________________________
Skypeenglish mailing list
[email protected]
http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com

Reply via email to