Hi All,

Some time ago I wrote the maintainer of the maxima SlackBuild about the fact that the source code for the version for which the script was written, 5.18.1, was no longer available from the project site. I didn't hear back from him.

So I decided today I'd try to simply update the maintainer's script to use the latest version of the program (5.23.2) & after a few tweaks it seems to work fine.

I'm wondering what the best practice is in this case -- should I try writing the maintainer again? Should I submit the new script, etc (it really isn't mine -- I just modified it)? I'm happy to maintain the build if he is no longer interested in doing so.

Thanks,

Glenn