On 11.08.2016 16:42, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
I use iperf3 from time to time and find it very useful. I noticed that
SBo only has iperf2 - and would like to submit scripts for iperf3. Is
there much interest in this, and also, is there any reason why SBo
shouldn't have iperf3?
the maintainer is no longer active i guess
his last update was 6 years ago
i think you can take over this package and update it to iperf3

I would not update it to iperf3 but create a separate
iperf3 SlackBuild, because there are iperf2 and iperf3
clients out there, and v2 is not compatible with v3.

https://iperf.fr/iperf-download.php

Not every platform has iperf3 available and both
v2 and v3 are AFAIK still under development,
so I think it would be good to have both
available. Just a thought.

--
Thomas Szteliga