On 28/08/16 06:57, Fernando Lopez wrote:
had no issues making the package... had no issues running iperf 3.1.3 on
my slack current x64.

Thank you Fernando. I have one more problem with this package. The developers keep on referring to the software on their project page as iPerf3 (but in places just iPerf) - to differentiate it from the original iPerf/iPerf2. However, the source code files and directories just use iPerf (or "iperf" - all lower case). Thus the source code archive contains a folder called iperf-x.y.z - not iperf3-x.y.z. Even the resulting binary is just called iperf. Originally I wanted to call the SBo package iPerf3 (with corresponding files - iperf3.SlackBuild etc.) - to clearly set it apart from the other iPerf. But given the above, I don't think it can be done.

Could I have some thoughts on the above please? Should I leave the scripts as they are - only referring to the software as iPerf3 in the README file - and using "iperf" everywhere else? I don't even know why the developers didn't just use another name - after all, according to them, it shares no code whatsoever with the original iPerf, and it isn't backwards compatible.