Dear Erik and Matteo,

Thank you for your concerns and understanding, and the clarification on the matter. Hopefully the process will be more harmonious next time.

Best regards,

Ekin

On 10/04/17 21:09, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 18:12:11 +0300
Ekin Akoglu <ekinako...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Willy and all,

Thanks for the updates. However, I have one issue to raise.

The updates and fixes to the packages should go through the
maintainer. In other words, if there is a bug/issue reported for a
slackbuild which is not sent to this mailing list but is mentioned in
some other platforms (LQ in this case), I believe it should first be
brought to the attention of the maintainer so that she has the option
to fix it or, if someone else would fix it, at least she would be
informed about this. I think this is the proper way.
This is already the policy for bug reports, version bump requests, etc.
I think in the case of minor fixes, such as to tuxguitar, the fix can
be pushed by an admin without waiting for a reply from the maintainer,
but I agree, you should have been contacted directly. First by the
person reporting the bug, or later by the admin after applying the fix
in git. LQ is not a place where we take bug reports, since not everyone
reads those forums (I don't read them myself), hopefully admins who
do will be more diligent in contacting maintainers in the future.

I have updated our bug reports page to clarify the process.
Hi Ekin and Erik,

TBH, I actually wrote on LQ to the guy noting that the script didn't
work on x86 to report the issue to the maintainer

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/tuxguitar-1-4-won%27t-start-4175603323/#post5693434

and I thought he had done it, my bad: next time I will ask for a
specific confirmation.

Matteo