I think the README.SLACKWARE file bundled with Lighttpd SBo scripts could do with a few amendments as there have been some changes:

1. The procedure to configure fastcgi in the current Lighttpd involves uncommenting the relevant line in /etc/lighttpd/modules.conf and then finishing off the configuration in /etc/lighttpd/conf.d/fastcgi.conf

2. The default location for php.ini in Slackware now is in /etc/php.ini (I think it used to be in /etc/httpd) - and Lighttpd seems to work fine if it is left there

Best regards