On Thu, 18 Feb 2021, Tim Dickson via SlackBuilds-users wrote:

if you had run "sync" from within sbopkg as you just said, your geoclue2.SlackBuild would have been the most up-to-date one, and you would have avoided the problem you had, which makes it puzzling.

Tim,

Does sync find packages I need that are not already installed? I was under
the impression that when I ran sync it compared the SBo packages here with
those on the SBo repo.

see above comment. if you use sync from sbopkg, your sbopkg repo will always be as up to date as when you last ran sync.

I do run sbopkg, each week.

Rich