On 3/13/22 8:10 PM, Duncan Roe wrote:
On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 03:11:27AM -0700, David Chmelik wrote:
I immediately drop mpath, python-django-legacy: now unneeded for mathics.
     Seems only documented way to install is pip, which doesn't seem to work
in SlackBuilds, and since you can install it yourself w/pip, I may drop
mathics unless its programmers/developers/engineers finish instructions.
They write you can install it from GitHub, but it's undocumented, and they
admit the documentation is unfinished.
     Their main repository says it's 'now "mostly" in archive' and link a new
one, Mathics3--which is actually Mathics 4--and a new one with more stuff,
mathicsomnibus (which would be the one I use, but this is all getting rather
confusing/obscure.)
pip2tgz builds it (I just tried) which means you can write a SlackBuild
that follows the python template. [...]

Okay; how?  The pip2tgz manpage says uses package archives like from PyPi which https://pypi.org/project/Mathics-omnibus/#files has .egg files.  I ran 'pip2tgz Mathics_omnibus-4.0.1-py3.9.egg ' which says it's not a .tar.  Best when manpages have examples...