On Mon, 23 Sep 2024, Roberto Puzzanghera via SlackBuilds-users wrote:

Is it safe at this point to consider those packages abandoned?

Yes, you've been very patient. Go ahead and take over viking and gpsd
as soon as you're ready.

This means that all of David Spencer's builds are up for grabs. The
list is here:

https://slackbuilds.org/advsearch.php?stype=maint&q=baildon.research

If anyone wants to take any of these over, go ahead and do so.

I suppose I can take system/slim myself, since I actually use it on
one box here. Unless someone else wants it? It hasn't been updated
upstream in 11 years, so maintaining it shouldn't take up much time.