Since before the viewer went open source, Linden Lab has had an SL
Developer program for the solution providers listed in the SL
Developer directory at http://solutionproviders.secondlife.com . It's
the same group that has the SLDEV and SLDEVu islands and the SLDEV
group in-world. I don't know the history of how open source ended up
on a list with the same name.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev