Hi
Maybe in a cluster environment it will be better if each server has its own indexes, it will help distribute the load. I haven't looked at the clustering stuff, but I'm assume that when there's a change all members in the cluster get some notification of the change. That could also trigger a local indexing process.

Carlos

Stefan Lützkendorf wrote:
Hi
I think there is currently no way to tell lucene storing indexes in
a JDBC store.
If there would be a corresponding implementation of
org.apache.lucene.store.Directory it would be possible. But I don't know of
any such implementation.

Stefan

Eirikur Hrafnsson wrote:

Hi all,

I noticed and mentioned a while ago that the index that the LuceneContentIndexer and property indexers create is stored in the file system(under tomcat/bin/store/...) and not in my Slide JDBC store. This will cause problems I think when we need to use it in a cluster environment since only one of the webservers will actually have the lucene index.

Is there any way to tell the indexers to store the index in my Slide repository?

Best Regards

Eirikur S. Hrafnsson, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chief Software Engineer
Idega Software