From: Honoré David [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 1:31 PM
To: Slide Developers Mailing List
Subject: Re: ContentInterceptor Implementation

The main problem is that ContentListener does not provide all the
functionalities that interceptors provides.
For exemple, there is not POST_STORE event ... or POST_CREATE event.

Exemple : when a Zip file is uploaded, I want to transform the node into a
collection and extract the content of the zip file. I need to do this **after**
the node has been created, but there is no event called after the creation of
the node.

Same problem with webdav event, the events PUT and MKCOL are fired before the
node has been created.

By the way, it's a good thing to switch to event and drop Interceptors, but
events need some improvements.

Unico Hommes wrote:

ContentInterceptor is deprecated in favor of the o.a.slide.event

package. See the package summary:

http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/javadoc/org/apache/slide/event/package-summary.html

especially the ContentListener interface:

http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/javadoc/org/apache/slide/event/ContentListener.html

This should have been marked deprecated in the javadoc. Will do it now.

- --

Unico

Jim Endicott wrote:

I am attempting to write an implementation of this interface. My class

is getting called but not always as I would have expected.

The postRetrieve method is always called but the preRetrieve method is

never called. The preStore method is called but the postStore is not.

The pre and post Remove methods are called twice, the first time with no

NodeRevisionDescriptors parameter (it is null) and the second time with

no NodeRevisionDescriptor.

Is this just how it is or do I need to configure something differently?

The retrieve and store don't really matter, pre or post work for me but

the remove problem means you don't really know what is being removed.

Doesn't it?

Thanks,

Jim Endicott