Hi,

I am new to slide content management framework. Here is what i want for web
based file manager i want for my application:

I want a directory let say "home" containing all the users directory.
let say there are user1 and user2. I want user1 and user2 can access a
folder home/user1 and home/user2 through webdav.
I am not sure how authentication is done in slide but I want security to be
integrated with tomcat security. For example, i want tomcat to access user
name and password from database ( i configured that for simple tomcat
server). but i am not how to integrate tomcat security with slide content
management
framework.Slide bundle comes with enabled slide realm. I want to disable
slide realm and
enable tomcat realm. I am not clear from documentation, how to enable tomcat
realm.
Secondly, while playing with slide, one issue i had was that from
Linux/Unix command if i create a file/ directory, corresponding meta data
file is NOT created ( which is required for file to be visible through
webdav client, specifically I am talking of configuring "My network
places" in windows). In other words,
shell>> touch hello
# there is no metadata file is created for this file.
when i go ( in windows) to "My network places" and see my configured
network I am not able to see hello file ( reason - there is no metadata).
This is my understanding of slide content management framework.
is there any way I can prevent generation of metadata ? Your pointers will
definitely help me
to proceed in right direction.
please help me.

-john