hello sir/mam

I am using "jakarta-slide-2.1-tomcat-5.0.28", OpenLdap and postgresql
7.4.3.Slide is running
  well in local text store .But there is a problem of password security.i.e any
user can see the
  password of other user ( by selecting particular user node ) by going into
the menu

  View-->View Modify Properties

 Thats why i selected LDAP for storing the users and roles .

 I have configured slide with

 A.ldap and postgresql.

 I have followed the following steps ---

 1.Configure the LDAP server
 2.Create the users and roles in the LDAP server
 3.configure the Domain.xml,server.xml and web.xml to access the users
   and roles from the LDAP server.
 4.configure  domain.xml and server.xml to store all other data
   except users and roles in the postgresql databse.
 5.Login through DAVExplorer
 6.writting and removing any file inside the node "/file".
 7.changing the ACL of users by administrator user.

 I am successful in every steps mentioned above except "STEP 7".When ever
 i try to change the ACL of the user i always get the "RDBMS adapter
 error" saying that the new pemission cannot be inserted in
 the "permission" table in the database.

 B.ldap and local store (text store of slide)--

 1.Configure the LDAP server
 2.Create the users and roles in the LDAP server
 3.configure the Domain.xml,server.xml and web.xml to access the users
   and roles from the LDAP server.
 4.configure domain.xml and server.xml to store all other data
   except users and roles in local text store.
 5.Login through DAVExplorer
 6.writting and removing any file inside the node "/file".
 7.changing the ACL of users by administrator user.

  In this case i have not come accross any problem in any steps
  but whenever i tried to upgrade the tomcat server or the store all the
  data get erased.So if i reinstall the tomcat i have to setup all the
  things once again.So,the local store is not so secured.

Now i have only one option left ,storing the permissions in the LDAP
server itself.

1.  Is it possible to store the permissions in the ldap server ?

2.  Is there other way of storing and changing the permissions using
    postgresql database ?

3.  Is there other way so that i can retain all the permission and data
    whenever i upgrade my tomcat server using simple local text store?