Applying my fixes I can demonstrate that org.apache.slide.common.Uri
number of instances is under control but I have still a memory leak not
so far from NodeXXXXXX , Structure or Namespace classes

I tried to attach (joined) a snap shot view of slide heap ordered by number of instances but your server (mailing deamon) sent back my message because "to long"

On the snapshot view joined you should see:
The org.apache.slide.common.uri is selected because I was monitoring the
   number of instances of this object after applying my fixes.

Now Tomcat/slide/lucene serveur works with a postgres database and use
after one day and a half less than 96M bytes, but, the heap is still
increasing slowly but continuously

The snapShot have been taken after 1 day and a half of intensive use (4
000 files inserted)

my goal is to use SLIDE to manage 50 000 files (1 Meg each) of various
types (office , pdf ,Jpeg, videos , XML , text  ..... etc)

Now a question why did you implement the clearNameSpace() method in
Class NameSpace : it is never used !

Is there anybody interrested by this mail or slide project is
definitively dead , to be ! or not to be ? ,that is the question!

If somebody is interresred I can send the heap snap shot view to an other addres (the slide-dev refused du to "to long message")

Regards

B DOREL