Martin van den Bemt wrote:

> sebb wrote:
>> The Httpclient and JMeter mailing lists are quite busy, and would not
>> benefit from being merged; the same might apply to Slide.
>
> Slide is low-traffic. Server part is not maintained that much (and people are
> moving to
> Jakckrabbit), but the webdavclient still has a future.
>
>> Can a TLP have multiple independent mailing lists?
>
> Yep, that's up to the TLP, although it's preferable that there are no
> independent lists (which will
> eventually get you in the same situation Jakarta is in).

I think it would be good to keep the separate user lists
and join the developer lists. Although I would suggest that
commit messages get sent to a dedicated list, just as we're
doing it in HttpComponents right now.
Here are some numbers for Slide, JMeter and HttpComponents
(subscribers + digest subscribers):

jmeter-user            578 + 18
slide-user             430 + 12
httpclient-user        286 +  7
slide-dev              220 +  3
httpcomponents-dev     180 +  0
jmeter-dev             165 +  1
httpcomponents-commits   6 +  0

I doubt that the 430+ slide users would be happy about
suddenly getting all httpclient-user messages, and the
same goes for httpclient users and slide messages. The
two httpcomponents lists show how many people are
actually interested in the commit messages :-)

cheers,
  Roland