The ETag header is a HTTP header whereby a HTTP server can indicate the
identify of a given entity variant or version. This identity can then be
used to validate if it still is current, or in case of Vary to find
which one of a known list of variants are valid for the current
user/request.
 (http://squid.sourceforge.net/etag/etag-header.html)

GetMethod.getData()
or
WebdavResource.getMethodData()

Dirk

Vijaya Kumar wrote:

> What is the purpose of ETag? Here I send the following request to the
> server to get the file. But how to get the contents? I can use the
> count method to count upto the length? Any idea? GET /cvs/cvs.xml
> HTTP/1.1
> Host: localhost:8080
> Connection: Keep-Alive, TE
> TE: trailers, deflate, gzip, compress
> Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 09:20:08 GMT
> Server: Apache Tomcat/4.0-b3 (HTTP/1.1 Connector)
> Last-Modified: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 09:15:11 GMT
> ETag: "580-998730911562"

  • ETag Vijaya Kumar
    • Dirk Verbeeck