I have been trying to setup slide on my existing Apache Tomcat 4.0
installation.  I followed instructions in the FAQ copying the jar and war
files.  I can access the slide doc url by http://localhost:8080/slide-doc,
and I can get my windows file manager to access the web dave interface, but
when I try to access the admin servlet with
http://localhost:8080/slide-admin I end up on the url
http://localhost:8080/slide-admin/index.jsp with an error

javax.servlet.ServletException: Domain initialization error : Domain.xml
(The system cannot find the file specified)

I looked in the tomcat logs and stdout has the following line

30 Jan 2002 08:40:26 - org.apache.slide.common.Domain - ERROR - Domain
initialization error : Domain.xml (The system cannot find the file
specified)

I tried droping a new slide.properties file in the common/lib directory
(there was something about this in the mail archive), but slide doesn't ever
use that file as the override.  It is still using the one in the
slidekernal.jar file.  I edited the one in the slidekernel.jar file, and the
change does take effect, but I get the same error except that the text gives
the full path to the domain file.  i.e. it reads like:

C:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0\common\lib\Domain.xml

I also noticed that I had to specify two slashes in the slide.properties
file when I set the path or it needs to read:

C:\\Program Files\\Apache Tomcat 4.0\\common\\lib\\Domain.xml

But this was expected since that is a standard thing with property files.
Don't you need the \ before the : (in the java api, docs it says you do,
though I seem to get the same directory name in stdout.txt if I use the \
before the : or not).

Can anyone help me with this?  Why doesn't dropping the slide.properties
file in the common\lib cause slide to pick up the new file (As specified in
seems to take effect but the admin app still can't locate the domain file?

Thanks,
Pete