From: James Higginbotham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 7:32 AM
To: Slide Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Slide on JBoss (was Listing Revisions)

Ryan,

Here is what I've done so far to get things to work using a nightly
build on JBoss 3.0.4 + Tomcat - note, its not the optimum configuration
yet:

1) Copy the following jars into server/default/lib - slide-kernel,
slide-roles, slide-stores, slide-webdavservlet, jdom (you'll need to
remove the .xml file from meta-inf, or else jboss will try to find a
custom deployer for the jar), jdom-dev
2) I then, for easier overriding of the Domain.xml file, unjar the war
and place it in the deploy under the folder slide.war
3) I remove the jars I copied to lib in step 1 from the
slide.war/WEB-INF/lib to ensure I don't have duplicate jar files being
deployed
4) I build a jar file with my log4j, commons-logging, and other
properties files and put that into the server/default/lib so that I can
better control the logging for Slide (not sure if I've really done much
here yet come to think of it - it uses stdout which log4j catches using
the default jboss settings)
5) Delete server/default/deploy/slide.war/Domain.xml and copy my
Domain.xml to that location (since if I get an updated version of slide
from CVS, that file may be newer than mine and ant refuses to copy it)
6) Copy my own custom web.xml and jboss-web.xml settings to
slide.war/WEB-INF so that I can use my custom JBoss Slide login module
and control web settings for the slide context
7) I build my own war, called controlpanel.war, with the JSPs the
appropriate web.xml, jboss-web.xml settings
8) I build my ear file, called controlpanel.ear, and put in the war, any
EJBs (none to this point), third party libs (like the slide taglibs,
struts, etc) and deploy that

I have an ant script to do most of this with an initserver target to
build the exploded war structure under deploy and copy the appropriate
jars to lib. I run this whenever I'm initilaizing a fresh copy of JBoss,
such as when I've upgraded, done a manual clean of the jboss dir
structure, etc. I have my war and ear built on each deploy. Hotdeploy
works with this configuration on JBoss 3.0.4, but not on 3.0.6 - I have
a bug outstanding with them on this.

HTH,
James