From: Emiliano Heyns [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Montag, 15. Dezember 2003 15:17
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Customizing Slide

Hi,

I'm considering using Slide as a content management system for an open
source questionnaire application. I've browsed the mailinglist archives,
but I have some questions left:

* Is it possible to add a custom store behind slide? This store would be
  a database but with a schema that differs from the more generic JDBC
  stores as I saw them on the Slide site.

* Can I store and manage custom permissions that do not directly
  correspond to actions a user could perform through slide but rather
  would be used in the questionnaire application (a servlet that will
  run alongside Slide). Can I access these through the existing security
  API?

* Can I implement my own user management? My user accounts would live in
  the DB, not in the XML configuration file

* Can I hook into PUTs, GETs, PROPFINDs, etc, so I can act when data is
entered
  into the system or taken out?

* Does Slide support dead properties? Where are they stored? Does Slide
  support custom live properties?

* Can I search for properties? I see DASL isn't done yet, but I wonder
  if there's an internal API my servlet could use.

Many thanks,
--
Emiliano