hi,

I've been using slide2 checked out from cvs-head and I wanted to switch
to the slide2-beta release.  However when I replace the older jars with
the beta jars I get the following exception when I start application:

23 Feb 2004 16:46:10 - org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller - INFO -
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
slidestore.file.UriProperties.createBindingVector(UriProperties.java:553)
        at
slidestore.file.UriProperties.decodeObject(UriProperties.java:358)
        at
org.apache.slide.store.txfile.XMLResourceDescriptor.decodeObject(XMLResourceDescriptor.java:311)
        at slidestore.file.UriProperties.decode(UriProperties.java:345)
        at
org.apache.slide.store.txfile.XMLResourceDescriptor.load(XMLResourceDescriptor.java:446)
        at
org.apache.slide.store.txfile.XMLResourceDescriptor.load(XMLResourceDescriptor.java:210)
        at
org.apache.slide.store.txfile.XMLResourceDescriptor.<init>(XMLResourceDescriptor.java:114)
        at
org.apache.slide.store.txfile.TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore.getFileDescriptor(TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore.java:290)
        at
org.apache.slide.store.txfile.TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore.retrieveObject(TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore.java:73)

.... cut

I looked into it a little bit and noticed that a new tag
<parents></parents> has been added to the .def.xml files.  Not having
this tag seems to be the cause of the exception.  Am I correct in this
and if so is there a solution to this (beyond adding this tag to every
resource in my older store)?

Thanks for any help,

Eric