"Ryan Rhodes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm using a version I checked out from the head about a week ago.
>
> When I set logger-level to 7 I saw some Exceptions related to this,
> and I also saw a number of Exceptions when slide loaded that I didn't
> see before.  Everything else seems to be working... so I'm not sure if
> these are normal and/or unrelated.  I'm going to put some info about
> these new exceptions at the bottom of the email.

You can completely ignore all ObjectNotFound and ObjectAlreadyExistExceptions.
However the null pointer exception is serious.

[Changed order of cited stuff]
> Getting current connection for thread Thread[http8080-Processor25,5,main]
> 31 Mar 2004 12:11:10 - org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.JDBCStore -
> DEBUG -
>
> No id for current thread - called outside transaction?
> 31 Mar 2004 12:11:10 - org.apache.slide.common.SlideException - DEBUG
> -
>
> org.apache.slide.common.ServiceAccessException: Service
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] access error :
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
>       at
>
> org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.StandardRDBMSAdapter.assureUriId(StandardRDBMSAdapter.java:1216)
>
>       at
>
> org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.StandardRDBMSAdapter.storeObject(StandardRDBMSAdapter.java:107)
>
>       at
>
> org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.StandardRDBMSAdapter.createObject(StandardRDBMSAdapter.java:89)
[...]
>       at
>       org.apache.slide.structure.StructureImpl.retrieve(StructureImpl.java:143)
>       at
>
> org.apache.slide.webdav.util.DirectoryIndexGenerator.generate(DirectoryIndexGenerator.java:162)
>
>       at org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet.doGet(WebdavServlet.java:346)

Could you verify that this means the connection is NULL.

There seems to be a bug in the way DirectoryIndexGenerator/J2EE store/SecurityImpl
work together.
doGet() assumes, that is does not need a transaction since it does not do
any write operation. Thats correct unless a user is autocreated, which results
in a write operation.  You may try to do a PUT request as the first action of the new
user.
This should autocreate the user inside the transaction. Please tell
me if this works. I  will try to fix  the bug tomorrow, its almost midnight in
here.

Martin