That would make sense, but I'm never getting a read-lock (at least not
explicitly, is it done implicitly by the structure or content-helper when
doing a retrieve?) that I could release?

I'm getting the same error when doing a macro.move() (recursive overwrite)
on a node but it happens only when I've recently created a node below -that-
node:

Say I have node /files/folder/image.jpg. I can move the folder to
/files/newfolder/image.jpg just fine to wherever I want using macro.move().
If I create a new node below that one at e.g.
/files/folder/image.jpg/thumb.jpg (read /files/folder/image.jpg latest
revision content, manipulate it and set the new node's content to it), and
then try to move the folder I get the above(and below)mentioned error:
Could not upgrade to commit lock for resource at
'/files/folder/image.jpg_1.0' (ERR_NO_LOCK)

Directly after creating the new node I look at the xml-documents for the
node /files/folder/image.jpg and it seems to contain no locks (<locks />).

If I restart tomcat and try to do the move, however, it works just fine to
move the folder with the created node (created before the restart).

Am I creating the new node in some wrong way?

Regards, Peder