Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 11:12 AM
Subject: Strange problem with files over 64K and Webfolders/Office

Hi,

I have a slide repository set up in MySQL, but with the content stored
in a file store (I set it up this way due to problems with large files
and MySQL).

There now seems to be a problem with files over 64K, when we access them
via our client code - they work fine, when downloaded from a URL, they
work fine, when opened in Office, or copied from a webfolder, they cut
off at 64K.

Anyone else had this problem? any ideas?

I had initial problems with files over 64K and MySQL in that only the first 64K was being stored in the blob, I then changed the blob fields to long blobs, this worked but caused out of memory exceptions for files over a few MB, so I then changed to storing the content in a file store outside of MySQL, however I'm now having problems with files over 64K in Office and Webfolder. Hair is being torn out and help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Luke.
-----

(ps, and many thanks to Ingo and others with my sessions problem; I have
now *greatly* reduced the number of sessions being spawned)