Luke Noel-Storr wrote:

If you just open via a link then it doesn't open it in word as a document from webdav, it just opens it as it would any other word document linked to from a website (ie: it downloads a temp copy and then opens that read only in Word).

You can use vb/javascript to get it to open in word as a webdav document if required (this seems to be the only way). I can post some sample code if you like.

Hi Luke,
I'm very intrested in this. Since webdav uses the common HTTP URLs there seems to be no standard way to tell a software that i'm referring to a webdav server and not a simple http one. In future, maybe, every software will consider an http url as a webdav one, and try an OPTION or directly a PUT or a LOCK. In the meanwhile, how do i tell MS-WORD to open a file and consider it webdav? If you have vb or javascript or a pointer to somewhere could you please post it?

Thanks, ciao,

Simone Gianni