It should be possible, but I see one big problem with doing this: how
are you going to keep the metadata in sync when someone moves or copies
a file?

Since you mention network places, I'm assuming you're currently using a
windows or samba share for the files?

Depending on what kind of access you're needing you could use
WebFolders to expose a Slide repository in the My Network Places area.
The problem with this is that only a few applications will be able to
directly access the files. For most things your users would have to copy
the file to a local drive to open it and make changes.

Another option is to use Novell's NetDrive (or something similar) to
mount the Slide repository as a mapped drive. I'm not sure what the
lisencing is for NetDrive, but it's available to download for free:
http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/ndrv41862.exe/
or http://www.acs.uwosh.edu/novell/netdrive.htm. There's a group of
people where I work who have found this to work quite well.

-James

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 6/24/2004 10:26:19 PM >>>
Hi all,

I am using slide 2.0 binary and separate tomcat 4.1.30 binary
versions.

Currently I am using file system based store (which comes default in
slide domain.xml file).

Now my question is, is there any way (through configuring the
domain.xml) that we can
only store the xml files (i.e. metadata) and not the actual content.

The purpose of doing this is my actual repository is different then
Slide and still I want show
the files in network place. (so what I believe is if I can store only
metadata in Slide and actual
content in my separate repository then using metadata information I
can
atleast show the contents
in the network place).

If this is possible please provide what all I have to do for this.

Thanks & Regards,
Mihir