From: Ricardo Gladwell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 9:38 AM
To: Slide Users Mailing List
Subject: Slide Security Questions

Hi All,

I'm in the process of developing a web application that has a Slide
WebdavServlet-run WebDAV repository and a JSP-based HTML front-end. The
front-end needs to integrate with the repository for security purposes
(users need to be able log into the WebDAV repository using the same
uid/password they log into the front-end, administrators can give users
access to otherwise restricted parts of the WebDAV repository, etc).

With this in mind I would like to be able to access and modify
priviliges using the WebDAV repository from the HTML front-end. What is
the best method to access the WebDAV server API from another part of the

web application? I discovered it is possible to obtain a reference to
the root NAT from the ServletContext as follows:

NamespaceAccessToken nat =
(NamespaceAccessToken)
context.getAttribute(WebdavServlet.ATTRIBUTE_NAME);

I can then obtain a reference to the SlideToken using the WebdavUtils
class and from their manage the WEbDAV repository. I'm slightly puzzled
as to how I might 'fake' and HTTP authentication to log in as say, root,

from the application to carry out some of the privileged tasks?

I also noticed that Slide has a JMX MBean interface, although I am
unsure as to whether accessing via JMX would be preferable in anyway to
simply obtaining the NAT reference.

BTW, what does a SubjectNode represent? There is no documentation in the

JavaDoc.

Kind regards...

--
Ricardo Gladwell