From: "James Mason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: Problems using Slide to upload files

> Can you setup a logging proxy (like Apache Axis's tcpmon) and post a
> trace of the http stream?
>
> It looks like IIS is using chunking and the client is handling that
> properly.
>
> -James

> I'm using version 2.0 of Slide. The client, that is, not the server.
> This
> problem only occurs against an IIS WebDAV server; everything works
> fine
> against an Apache-based server. Alas, I don't really have any say in
> what
> the server will be running.
>
> --Matthew Beermann

PUT /WebDAVTest/content/nanovault/nanofiles/moviesContent/action.html HTTP/1.1

HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.1
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:08:47 GMT

<contents of file snipped here>

HTTP/1.1 201 Created
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.1
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:08:47 GMT
Location:
http://10.0.1.42/WebDAVTest/content/nanovault/nanofiles/moviesContent/action.html
Allow: OPTIONS, TRACE, GET, HEAD, DELETE, PUT, COPY, MOVE, PROPFIND, PROPPATCH,
SEARCH, LOCK, UNLOCK

PUT
/WebDAVTest/content/nanovault/nanofiles/moviesContent/images/posters/MID1006_poster.jpg
 HTTP/1.1

HTTP/1.1 403 Access Forbidden
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.1
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:09:06 GMT
Connection: close

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">

<head>
a:link                  {font:8pt/11pt verdana; color:FF0000}
a:visited               {font:8pt/11pt verdana; color:#4e4e4e}

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX">

<title>The page cannot be displayed</title>

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" Content="text-html; charset=Windows-1252">
</head>

<script>
function Homepage(){
<!--
// in real bits, urls get returned to our script like this:
// res://shdocvw.dll/http_404.htm#http://www.DocURL.com/bar.htm

        //For testing use DocURL =
"res://shdocvw.dll/http_404.htm#https://www.microsoft.com/bar.htm";
        DocURL=document.URL;

        //this is where the http or https will be, as found by searching for :// but
skipping the res://
        protocolIndex=DocURL.indexOf("://",4);

        //this finds the ending slash for the domain ser
ver
        serverIndex=DocURL.indexOf("/",protocolIndex + 3);

        //for the href, we need a valid URL to the domain. We search for the # symbol
to find the begining
        //of the true URL, and add 1 to skip it - this is the BeginURL value. We use
serverIndex as the end marker.
        //urlresult=DocURL.substring(protocolIndex - 4,serverIndex);
        BeginURL=DocURL.indexOf("#",1) + 1;
        urlresult=DocURL.substring(BeginURL,serverIndex);

        //for
 display, we need to skip after http://, and go to the next slash
        displayresult=DocURL.substring(protocolIndex + 3 ,serverIndex);
        InsertElementAnchor(urlresult, displayresult);
}

function HtmlEncode(text)
{
    return text.replace(/&/g, '&amp').replace(/'/g, '&quot;').replace(/</g,
'&lt;').replace(/>/g, '&gt;');
}

function TagAttrib(name, value)
{
    return ' '+name+'="'+HtmlEncode(value)+'"';
}

function PrintTag(tagName, needCloseTag, attrib, inner){
    document.write( '<' + tagName + attrib + '>' + HtmlEncode(inner) );
    if (needCloseTag) document.write( '</' + tagName +'>' );
}

function URI(href)
{
    IEVer = window.navigator.appVersion;
    IEVer = IEVer.substr( IEVer.indexOf('MSIE') + 5, 3 );

    return (IEVer.charAt(1)=='.' && IEVer >= '5.5') ?
        encodeURI(href) :
        escape(href).replace(/%3A/g, ':').replace(/%3B/g, ';');
}

function InsertElementAnchor(href, text)
{
    PrintTag('A', true, TagAttrib('HREF', URI(href)), text);
}

//-->
</script>

        <h1 style="COLOR:000000; FONT: 13pt/15pt verdana"><!--Problem-->The page
cannot be displayed</h1>

accessing the Web site at this time.</font><
/td>

        <hr color="#C0C0C0" noshade>

        <ul>
        <li>Click the <a href="javascript:location.reload()">
    Refresh</a> button, or try again later.<br>
      </li>

      <li>Open the

          <script>
          <!--
          if (!((window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE") > 0) &&
(window.navigator.appVersion.charAt(0) == "2")))
          {
                 Homepage();
          }
          //-->
          </script>

          home page, and then look for links to the information you want.</li>
    </ul>

    <h2 style="font:8pt/11pt verdana; color:000000">HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too
many users are connected<br>
    Internet Information Services</h2>

        <hr color="#C0C0C0" noshade>

<ul>
<li>Background:<br>
This error can occur if the Web server is busy and cannot process your request due to
heavy traffic.</p>

<li>More information:<br>
<a
href="http://www.microsoft.com/ContentRedirect.asp?prd=iis&sbp=&pver=5.0&pid=&ID=403.9&cat=web&os=&over=&hrd=&Opt1=&Opt2=&Opt3=";