Can you paste the contents of the group-member-set property of the user role? If you notice the root user doesn't have any explicit rights to the /files node, everything is inherited through the root role. My guess is your user isn't making it into the role properly.

-James

Krishna Kankipati wrote:

Jason,
        I checked the acl for this folder, it looks like this:

ACL for /Slide/files/folder1:
granted to /Slide/roles/user    (not protected)   (not inherited)
   DAV:all
   DAV:write
granted to property    (not protected)   (inherited from '/Slide/files')
   DAV:read-acl
granted to /Slide/roles/root    (not protected)   (inherited from '/Slide/')
   DAV:all
granted to all    (not protected)   (inherited from '/Slide/')
   DAV:read

I added my user 'user1' to role called 'user' using group-member-set
property (also checked it). Since the role 'user' has the permissions to
write to folder 'folder1', as seen by the ACL output, and there seems to be
no contradiction to any other ace's in the acl list, I expected my user
'user1' to have necessary permissions to upload a file to 'folder1'. But I
get 403 forbidden error. I can login as root and  using the same command can
upload a file to 'folder1'. So, I am not sure whats wrong. Initially I
thought may be the group-member-set is not set properly, so used DAVExplorer
to do the same with no avail. Do you think I am missing something, how do I
debug this situation?

thanks,

regards,
Krishna