I just downloaded and installed Slide bundled with Tomcat 5.0.19. It
installed on my XP machine without any problems.

In testing, I find that I can log on using the predefined users (root, john,
...) and can read the contents of the various folders (files, etc) on the
server. I can save a document from Word to the slide server.

However, when I attempt to do a PUT request either by using the commandline
client or the Java API (using the WebdavResource putMetohd()), I always get
a 403 "Forbidden" error message. GET requests succeed in both the command
line client and the Java API approach.

I can lock and unlock resources successfully, but attempting to checkout a
resource results in a 405 "Method not Allowed" error.

I uninstalled and reinstalled a second time with exactly the same results.

In looking at the Domain.xml settings for the http-method settings, it
certainly appears that the PUT method is allowed.

I have looked thru the bug reports and this list, but haven't found anything
like this discussed.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Will Goodwin