Hello Mat,

 Yes you can. But, from what I've seen, it's not slide's responsibility to
digest the passwords, it's Tomcat's responsibility, or the web server you
using...
 You can check the web server documentation to do just that, but here is
something that works for me in tomcat 5.0.28, inside the server.xml
configuration file:

(you must place it inside the <engine> tag)

        <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
                connectionURL="ldap://miguel-desktop:389";
                userPattern="uid={0},ou=people,dc=dominio,dc=pt"
                roleBase="ou=groups,dc=dominio,dc=pt"
                roleName="cn"
                roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
                digest="SHA"
        />

This is a code snippet I found in slide's mailing list (if I remember
correctly), and it configures a authentication realm versus a ldap server.
In this case, the digest algorithm is the well known SHA.

 Hope this helps,
 Miguel

_____

Can I connect to a server that requires Digest authentication?

If so, a snippet would be much appreciated.

Matt