I do not think this will work without any modification in the Slide stores, but they should be minor and doable.

Oliver

Darren Hartford schrieb:

Hi Oliver,
I'm looking for a single interface to use.  The end result is I'm looking for an
'image repository' that supports Hierarchial Storage Management (HSM) where an image
could be stored on local drive, NAS, CD/DVD rom, remote Jukebox, or other storage
media in a scenario where a single image may be stored in multiple locations.

Second thing is the 'metadata repository' to do searches against to find the correct
image(s). In this context, metadata/index data/search data represents business
information and not image metadata (names, codes, dates, etc).  The business
information is stored in XML, and searches would be done with XPATH/XQuery.

Tieing the two repositories together is still in question, but that is where
integration comes in (search XML, return X-many results, in the results mention a
image identifier, search image repostiories for instance(s) of that image identifier
across the HSM, retrieve image).

Since Slide supports both file storage and XML DB storage, it makes sense to use this
*one* tool for both of the above repositories.  Since I would like to support HSM and
allow CD/DVD/Jukebox access to images that no longer require high-speed access, the
question brought up is if Slide can access and manage a 'store' located on
CD/DVD/Jukebox to have one interface for retrieving all images (for application
integration).

End result - looking to build a Document Management Repository.  One of the
Slide-Architecture diagrams talks about using Slide to store information into a
Doucment Management Repository, but I'm rather looking to create one.

p.s. thanks for the very timely response!

-D