Hello Oliver,

i changed the tx file store to MySqlStore but i
experience the same behavoir.
I also inspected the locks on the filestore but
everything seems to be ok.
I will try to  debug the server, to see what exactly
happens.

Best regrards,
Zoltan.

--- Oliver Zeigermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just tried something similar with the command line
> client and the
> default tx file store for the current 2.1 release
> branch and everything
> seemed to work. Maybe you should try and identify
> which statement causes
> the problem. Another thing would be to try to use a
> different store and
> see if this changes anything. Additionally - as I
> already said -
> inspecting the locks in the store is the last
> resort. Please tell me
> what store you use to help you with that...
>
> Oliver
>
> Oliver Zeigermann schrieb:
> > Hi Zoltan,
> >
> > I could not find any obvious bug in your code. The
> transaction feature
> > is new in 2.1, so maybe there still are bugs in
> it. The only thing that
> > might help is to debug the server and see at what
> point the propfind
> > blocks. Asking again, what kind of store are use
> using?
> >
> > Oliver
> >
> > L Z schrieb:
> >
> >> Hello Oliver,
> >>
> >> thank you for your answer.
> >>
> >> Here is the code snippet (sorry for the
> linebreaks but
> >> this is the best what i can get with yahoo).
> >>

> >>   try
> >>         {
> >>             String parentPath =
> >> PathUtils.getParentUrl(rootPath);

manager.currentResource.setPath(URIUtil.getPath(parentPath));
> >>                         executed =

manager.currentResource.startTransaction(manager.currentResource.getHttpURL().getUser(),

> >> 600);
> >>             executed = executed ?
> >> manager.currentResource.mkcolMethod(rootPath):
> false;
> >>             executed = executed ?
> >> manager.currentResource.proppatchMethod(rootPath,
> new
> >> PropertyName("DAV:" , EXWebdavResource.TYPE),
> >> ItemTypes.getStringType(ItemTypes.Project),
> true):
> >> false;
> >>             executed = executed ?

manager.currentResource.putMethod(this.contentFilePath,
> >> content): false;
> >>             executed = executed ?

manager.currentResource.proppatchMethod(contentFilePath,
> >> new PropertyName("DAV:" , EXWebdavResource.TYPE),
> >> ItemTypes.getStringType(ItemTypes.ContentFile),
> true):
> >> false;
> >>             executed = executed ?
> >> manager.currentResource.commitTransaction():
> false;
> >>                         if(executed)
> >>             {// here when i try to create the new
> >> WebdavResource the client hangs as i described in
> my
> >> previous mail
> >>                 WebProjectItem webProjectItem =
> new
> >> WebProjectItem(new WebdavResource( new
> >> HttpURL(rootPath)),
> >> manager.getProjectRelativePath(rootPath),
> >> ItemTypes.ProjectMngr);
> >>                                 return
> webProjectItem;
> >>             }
> >>             else
> >>             {
> executed =
> >> manager.currentResource.abortTransaction();
> >>                 return
> manager.getLastStatusMessage();
> >>             }
> >>         }
> >>         catch(Exception exc)
> >>         {
> >>             executed = false;
> >>                         try
> >>             {
> >>
> manager.currentResource.abortTransaction();
> >>             }
> >>             catch(Exception transExc){}
> >>                         return
> manager.getLastStatusMessage();
> >>         }
> >>
> >> Some explanation:
> >>
> >>  manager - is a manager class where i have stored
> >> WebdavResource (currentResource)
> >>  rootPath - is a full url like
> >>
> "http://test.org:8080/container/Projects/newProject";
> >>
> >> The target of this code snipet is:
> >> 1. create the "newProject" collection, 2. add a
> new property like
> >> "type" to this collection
> >> 3. upload a new file in this collection
> >> 4. add a new property to this new file
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >>
> >> Here is the log snipet from the server, maybe
> this
> >> helps too.
> >>
> >> 02 Oct 2004 13:17:23 -
> >> org.apache.slide.util.event.EventLogger - INFO -
> >> Recieved event with name 'transaction:begin':

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> >> http8080-Processor23, 02-Oct-2004 13:17:23, root,
> >> LOCK, 200 "OK", 125 ms, /Projects/
> >> 02 Oct 2004 13:17:24 -
> >>
> org.apache.slide.webdav.method.AbstractWebdavMethod
> -
> >> INFO - Using external transaction
> >>
> <opaquelocktoken:50bca276b04d8297918e73a1b87ccf1a>
> >> 02 Oct 2004 13:17:24 -
> >> org.apache.slide.util.event.EventLogger - INFO -
> >> Recieved vetoable event with name 'webdav:mkcol':

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> >> 02 Oct 2004 13:17:24 -
> >> org.apache.slide.util.event.EventLogger - INFO -
> >> Recieved vetoable event with name
> 'content:create':
> >> org.apache.slide.event.ContentEvent[content
> >> uri=/Projects/lowproject contentType=]
> >> http8080-Processor23, 02-Oct-2004 13:17:24, root,
> >> MKCOL, 201 "Created", 188 ms,
> /Projects/lowproject
> >> 02 Oct 2004 13:17:24 -
> >>
> org.apache.slide.webdav.method.AbstractWebdavMethod
> -
> >> INFO - Using external transaction
> >>
> <opaquelocktoken:50bca276b04d8297918e73a1b87ccf1a>
> >> 02 Oct 2004 13:17:24 -
> >> org.apache.slide.util.event.EventLogger - INFO -
> >> Recieved vetoable event with name
> 'webdav:proppatch':

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> >> 02 Oct 2004 13:17:24 -
> >> org.apache.slide.util.event.EventLogger - INFO -
> >> Recieved vetoable event with name
> 'content:store':
> >> org.apache.slide.event.ContentEvent[content
> >> uri=/Projects/lowproject contentType=]
> >> http8080-Processor23, 02-Oct-2004 13:17:24, root,
> >> PROPPATCH, 207 "Multi-Status", 172 ms,
> >> /Projects/lowproject
> >> 02 Oct 2004 13:17:24 -
> >>
> org.apache.slide.webdav.method.AbstractWebdavMethod
> -
> >> INFO - Using external transaction
> >>
> <opaquelocktoken:50bca276b04d8297918e73a1b87ccf1a>
> >> 02 Oct 2004 13:17:24 -
> >> org.apache.slide.util.event.EventLogger - INFO -
> >> Recieved vetoable event with name 'webdav:put':

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=== message truncated ===