Thanks to all committers on a great product - it's great to see slide moving again.
However, I am a little stuck on ACLs in WebDAV.

I can make a file using WebdavResource like so:

boolean success=res.mkcolMethod("/slide/files/testDir");
success=res.putMethod("/slide/files/testDir/newFile.txt","test data");

I have tried to make it accessible for reading to one of my users and not to another
like so:
Ace denyJohn = new Ace( "john" );
denyJohn.addPrivilege( Privilege.READ );
denyJohn.setNegative( false );

Ace allowPatrick = new Ace( "patrick" );
allowPatrick.addPrivilege( Privilege.READ );

Ace[] aces = new Ace[2];
aces[0] = denyJohn;
aces[1] = allowPatrick;
res.aclMethod( "/slide/files/testDir/newFile.txt" , aces );

However, I can still log in and read the text file as john. What am I doing wrong?
Could this be something to do with ACLs inherited from the parent directory?

Thanks in advance for any guidance on this.

Patrick