Darren,
I just added this to the Wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-slide/DASLSearch

-James

Darren Hartford wrote:
Hey all,
Scanned though the archives on this thread on using DASL for searching.  I'm new to
WebDAV and Slide, and was wondering if you could share the client-side code to connect
to the WebDAV server and execute the search?  Would help me get up to speed much
quicker! :-)

I'm planning on doing a comparison of search-speeds between DASL versus using Slide's
TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore files uploaded into eXist XML database (or Xindice) and give
the same searches a try through XPATH/XQUERY. In the end, I *hope* the basic
file-based DASL is just as fast, or maybe no more than 20% slower, for both exact
searching and for expression-based searching.

I'm in the same boat on large stores, although my largest is only 40G, but I need to
be able to do cross-searching across 10 stores totalling 300G (possibly replacing a
proprietary document management solution with simply WebDAV/Slide). And, if you add-in
hopes for HSM and having portions of stores stored on CD/DVD, talking 100+ stores for
cross-searching. Fun fun!

-D