Hello,

Can someone shed some light about what is the goal (features) of the
projector framework exactly ?

I'm trying to find out (like others) if it could be a foundation for
developping additional services regarding document management and hopefully contribute.

What I have in mind at the moment (nothing spectacular) is to use Slide as the WebDAV server to store all kind of documents (Mostly PDF, Microsoft/Star/Open Office files) which would need to be indexed (according to the expected volume, it would probably mean an asynchronous remote lucene indexer, I have read that someone is also having a look at it).

On top of that there might be a need for a workflow system in the
document cycle (document permissions change according to workflow ?
Looks like external annotations, comments.. are required too. Should
they be stored in the files metadata def.xml ? this is food for thought
I need to think more about this but any external eye is welcome)

Of course, such a solution need also to be integrated in a portal (jsr-168).

That's mainly the rough requirements...this is obviouslly something that
is being done by many people following this list considering past emails.

Reading the Projector features at http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/projector.html I can see that 'workflow' is being mentioned, but what exactly is meant behind this term ?

Cheers,

Stephane